Medusa JTAG Box is a professional JTAG programmer allowing you to work with devices (single or united into common chain) through JTAG interface.
The main intended purpose of Medusa JTAG Box is repairing dead boots of the devices (cell phones, PDAs, modems, etc.) or these devices recovery until they become fully operational.
Medusa Box Software is Windows application to Medusa JTAG Box providing convenient interface for devices recovery.
Description of "Advanced Mode" Tab Elements of Medusa Box Software Active Window
- Device manufacturer selection field.
- Device model selection field.
- Data transfer rate (TCK frequency) selection field.
- Help window button (the window contains step-by-step instructions, JTAG pinout and other useful tips).
- Activity log (log).
- "Connect" button. Used to set connection with the attached device according to the indicated parameters. Information on the connected device is shown in the activity log. Set connection before starting any operations!
- "Disconnect" button is used to disconnect the attached device.
- "Read" button. When clicked, flash chip dump of the connected device is read. In case option 11 (Boot only) is set, only boot dump is read; if option 12 (Full flash) is set, full flash chip dump is read; if option 13 (Custom) is set, dump of the area set in the fields 14-15 is read.
- "Write" button. When clicked, the selected file dump is written into flash chip of the connected device. In case option 11 (Boot only) is set, dump is written only into the boot area; if option 12 (Full flash) is set, dump is written into the whole flash chip; if option 13 (Custom) is set, dump is written at the address indicated in the field 14. Its length is to be indicated in the field 15.
- "Erase button". When clicked, area of the flash chip indicated in the fields 11, 12 and 13, is erased.
- Option used to set flash chip area where boot loader is located.
- Option setting the area of the whole flash chip.
- Option used to set flash chip area according to the parameters indicated in the fields 14-15.
- Field in which you can indicate the flash chip starting address where dump is to be written. Its length should be indicated in the field The field is active providing option 13 is selected.
- Field in which you can set length (amount) of dump data to be written at the address indicated in the field 14. The field is active providing option 13 is selected.
- "Disable Write Protection" button is used to disable flash chip write protection (in case such feature is supported by the chip) of unknown device (not indicated in the field 2). For indicated devices this button is inactive and the write protection is automatically disabled if necessary.
- "ECC Mode" option. When selected, flash chip dump reading or / and writing is performed together with ECC. For identified devices (indicated in the field 2) it is set automatically and is inactive. It is used only for unknown devices.
- Operation (action) progress indicator.
- Information on status of Medusa JTAG Tool or operation (action) currently performed.
- Information on the progress (measured in kilobytes) and speed of the operation (action) currently performed.
- Information on the VREF voltage level.
- Information on the card serial number.
- "Support and Options" tab.
- "Advanced mode" tab.
- Operation mode list ("Advanced" or "Easy").